Raising Awareness with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

Interested in spreading awareness for Leukemia and Lymphoma? Elliott Snyder is leading a movement at Lakewood High School for Leukemia and Lymphoma. 

The leaders of Help 2 Others heard from another student about the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and wanted Lakewood to take advantage of the opportunity and thought that Snyder would be the perfect candidate to spearhead the campaign. When asked about the opportunity, Snyder said, “I am very grateful that the ladies at H2O thought of me and very excited to be able to be a part of such an important and meaningful cause.” 

After being nominated for LLS Student Visionaries of the Year, Snyder has taken the time to plan events and fundraisers in order to raise money. For example, at the Winter Formal pep rally, students had the opportunity to pie their principals. A station was set up in the cafeteria during lunch periods for students to donate money to the principal of their choice. If students donated $5 or more, they were placed in a raffle to potentially pie their principals themselves. Students were very engaged throughout the week and loved this part of the pep rally. During the Boys Basketball Senior Night, students at the game could donate money to play in a knock-out tournament at the end of the game. Any size donation, immediately booked their ticket to participate. The winner was awarded a t-shirt and bragging rights. This event was very successful!

Next on Snyder’s agenda is a dodgeball tournament. On Saturday, March 11, teams of 10 to 15 people can participate in a single elimination dodgeball tournament against their fellow classmates. Each player is charged a 5$ fee that goes straight to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and the winning team gets a free t-shirt. It is not too late to sign up—grab a couple friends and some cash and take part in a great morning of dodgeball for a great cause!

Elliott Snyder is a visionary but she needs your help in the battle against blood cancer. Please consider joining the fight by making a donation. All and any donations are greatly appreciated. A link to donate can be found in Snyder’s Instagram bio: @elliottsnyderr.