Ex-husband murders wife in Lakewood

Ex-husband murders wife in Lakewood

Roaa Al-Dhannoon, a woman in Lakewood feared her ex-husband, Fahad Mohammad Saeed. Then, in October, she went missing. She has been missing for months, and her death was already suspected of foul-play even before her body was found.

“The investigators and our office are of the belief that Ms. Al-Dhannoon is in fact deceased,” Prosecutors said Monday. “Investigators are currently of the belief that, at minimum, this is a kidnapping, and probably a homicide.”

It wasn’t just the husband, as most would assume, Ammar Sami played a part in this too. Before her body was found, and investigator’s were still trying to find out what happened to her, Sami pleaded no contest to an obstruction of justice charge for lying to investigators in the days after the Roaa’s disappearance to cover for a person of interest in the investigation that officials refused to name.

“I didn’t know that he committed a crime, but I know that he’s a bad person,” Sami said of the unnamed person of interest in a statement made at Monday’s hearing through an Arabic interpreter.

Judge Nancy Margaret Russo accepted Sami’s plea to the third-degree felony and found him guilty. She ordered a pre-sentencing report and set his sentencing for May 25.

Sami, a refugee from Iraq, could face deportation for his conviction. Russo ordered Sami’s Iraq passport be turned over to the Department of Homeland Security at the request of prosecutors.

That unnamed person of interest is the man that Roaa divorced, and then was forced to file a restraining order against. He was always seen loitering around her apartement after the divorce and has been arrested for violating the restraining order before.

Roaa’s body was found earlier this week in a wooded area nearby Authorities say, Fahad Saeed, was charged with 15 counts including aggravated murder and kidnapping.

Authorities say with the 15 counts, Saeed faces up to life in prison without the possibility of parole and that their investigation is far from over. More charges could be handed down in the case.