Friday May 19, 2017

Attention athletes:  The weight room is open Mondays thru Fridays 3:00-7:00pm until the end of the school year.  You must have all participation forms on file and you must have your school ID.  Coach Hannan and Hyclak will be supervising the sessions.  If you are not an athlete, but would like to lift weights stop by the athletic office to pick up the participation forms.

Do you love to run?  Come join the LHS Boys and Girls Cross Country Teams this fall!  A MANDATORY sign up meeting is being held Mon., May 22nd from 7 to 8pm in Lec. Hall 2.

Students interested in working in the IT department this summer, please send Mr. Joe Rodgers a written letter of interest.  Mr. Rodgers’ mailbox is located in the main office.

Do you have a book checked out from the library?  If so, it’s time to bring it back.  The library will soon start packing up to make its final move. Hurray!! But that means that we need all the books back on the shelves to start the packing process.  Please bring back your library books by this Friday, May 19th.  We really appreciate your help as we get ready to make the final move.

Come and see the Spring Lakewood Project Concert tomorrow at 7:30pm in the Civic.  The concert will feature small ensembles as well as some classic favorites.  Tickets are $5.00 thru the end of the today in the bookroom and $8.00 at the door tomorrow night.

Did you attend one or more of the Club Identity meetings this year?  Did you want to get involved, but just didn’t have time?  Are you interested in learning more about this club and possibly attending next year?  If so, then come join Club Identity on May 23rd after school in Mr. Overholt’s room, C219, for our end of the year ice cream social and to discuss plans for Cleveland Pride over the summer. Again, that’s Tuesday, May 23rd in C219.  Current members and future members are welcome.

There will be a Golf Team informational & summer activities meeting next Wednesday starting at 3:15pm in room C308.  If you are interested in participating please plan to attend!

Listen up Seniors!  You may pick up your Elementary records from your house offices.

Stop by during your lunch period, study hall, or before or after school.

It is possible that we may not have any records if you didn’t attend a Lakewood Elementary School

If you are finished with your textbooks and borrowed calculators, please return them to the bookroom ASAP, otherwise they will be added to your fees.  Senior dress-up day is Thursday, May 25th with a reception in the Ranger Café after school.  There is a MANDATORY graduation rehearsal on Friday, June 2nd in the Civic at 8:30 AM. This is also when you will find out whether you receive your extra commencement tickets.

If you ordered an NHS Stole pick it up in the Book Room no later than end of the day today.

Also Seniors, please let the Book Room know if you do not plan to walk across the stage for commencement.  If this is the case you will not be receiving tickets for graduation.

Wait seniors, there’s more!  If you took a Senior College Picture in the Guidance Dept.  Please go take a look at the pictures they are hanging up in the glass case on the 2nd floor between A210 and A212. Also copies of the pictures were made and if you would like a copy of your picture, please see Mrs. Diamond on Guidance.

Student Council elections will take place today during the lunch periods.  You can only vote for student body and your class officers!  Be sure to bring your student ID in order to vote!

Attention All students!  You are NOT supposed to be in the cafeteria serving line if you are not buying anything!  Again, if you are NOT buying anything, then you DO NOT need to be in the cafeteria serving line!

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Friday Fries $1.00

Deep Dish Cheese Pizza $2.50