I Owe it to You, LHS

Lakewood City Schools
    The main entrance to Lakewood High School

After 4 years of long hard work I can finally say that I’m done. Not in the sense that I didn’t enjoy being at LHS, but rather that it is nice to take a breather for once. I took the time the last few days to reflect on my high school experience and what I learned. This is it summarized:

First thing I really learned was that you’re always going to deal with difficult people in some form, whether it’s a friend or coworker or even a student. I can recall countless times its happened and I’m sure it will happen again. Through it I’ve always kept a level head; that’s the best thing you can do. No matter if you think you’re right, it’s better to stay calm and collected than lash out and regret it later. 

Second thing I learned is to stay on top of your work. I procrastinated through all 4 years and it only burned me in the end. If you get an assignment or a project, do it. The longer you wait, the longer it will sit and simmer; don’t make the same mistakes I did.

But regardless I’m graduating, and as I sit here writing away in Ms. Basinski’s 2nd floor room I can’t help but smile. I met some of the most amazing people at LHS including staff and students alike and made some of my closest friends. It’s hard to say goodbye after all this time, yet I’ll always cherish the time I had here. So thank you LHS for the fun memories and great times, I owe it to you and your amazing staff and students for creating a memory that I can never forget.