NHL 2016-2017 Wild Card Standings

This years NHL wild card standings has been quite a battle throughout all 30 NHL teams. One team that has been fighting particularly hard are the Montreal Canadiens. They were close to being last in the standings for the Atlantic Division, after firing their old Coach Michel Therrien and hiring Claude Julien they have made quite the comeback. Next you have the Washington Capitals who have dominated the Metropolitan Division, with a 25-5-1 home streak and a 16-8-6 road streak. Those two teams are absolutely dominating the Eastern Conference.For the Western Conference you have the Minnesota Wild topping off the Central Division and The San Jose Sharks topping off the Pacific Division. This may be San Jose’s second year in the playoffs after being Stanley Cup Finalists last year, but sadly losing to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Coach Mike Babcock might actually finally see a playoff after the season the Toronto Maple Leafs are having, with rookies Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner the team has ranked second in the Wild Card spot in the Eastern Division. The last time the Maple Leafs were in the playoffs were in 2004, and Babcock hasn’t seen a Stanley Cup since 2008 when he was coaching the Detroit Red Wings. Much like always we always have teams in last place, and this year those spots go to the Colorado Avalanche and the Arizona Coyotes  for the Western Conference. For the Eastern Conference we have the Detroit Red Wings and the Caroline Hurricanes are bringing up the rear for the 2017 Wild Card spot.