Tuesday March 28, 2016

There will be no bio bench today.

How will you support the LHS Kick-It campaign to help find the cure for pediatric cancers?  You can: treat yourself today after school at the One Kick Wonder’s bake sale inside the main entrance, or bring your family and friends to Mahall’s 20 Lanes tonight from 6:30 to 8:30 pm and bowl-to-donate with the Average Joes team. Also team Nate and Hanna still has handmade bracelets for sale during lunches, but hurry they are going fast!

Are you a senior planning to attend college next year and major in education?  If this is you, there are opportunities for $500 scholarships available through the Lakewood Teachers Association.  Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need, scholastic achievement, extracurricular activities and an essay. Further information about the on-line application is available in the guidance department and on the LHS web page. Completed applications are due on Friday, April 7, 2017. It’s not too soon to get started!

AYF has a mandatory meeting this Thursday after school in Ms. Sabin’s room B208. If you are attending camp you must be at this meeting to know more about scholarships.

Barney’s Café is this Thursday at 7pm. Art in many forms: Poetry, Music and Prose. Performers & audience on The Civic stage together. Questions??? See Ms. Hankins, Mr. Farinelli or Ms. Sabin. Sign up to perform on the sheet located on The Civic door. Everyone is invited to participate either as a performer or as an audience member. This event is free!!! No Auditions. This event is presented by The Barnstormers and The LHS Orchestras. All proceeds will go to equipping the new Black Box Theatre space.

This Friday, the French club is sponsoring a pajama day as a fund raiser for the “Kick-It” campaign.  On Thursday, French students will be selling stickers outside of the lunchrooms to put on your IDs for $2.  Then on Friday, if you have one of these stickers on your ID, you can wear school dress code compliant pajamas to school! You can be comfy all day long, knowing that you helped contribute toward finding a cure for children’s cancer

The MILES Program is selling bottled water for $1 in C116 – stop by and see us!

Students who are currently taking a math class of any level. Math Study Tables will be held tomorrow after school from 3-3:30pm in Ms. Sandor’s room, B314. Ask your teacher for information if you forget!

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Chicken, Rice & Cheese Chipotle Wrap $3.50

Stromboli $2.00

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50