Nvidia is using GTX 1650s to fix the RTX 3000 series shortage

www.forbes.com

As hard as Nvidia is trying, there has been a shortage of RTX 3000 series cards since September of 2020, or when they were released.

To try and deal with this shortage, a company named Channel Gate rumored that Nvidia is increasing production of the GTX 1650 to give people cheaper options for graphics cards.

If they were to do this, it would lower the demand for the RTX 3000 series graphics cards, and it would give them a chance to try and catch back up.

Channel Gate has also said that these graphics cards will be pumped out this month, and they will have the TU117, or the Turing, as their GPU.

Nvidia has also already started making more RTX 2060 and GTX 1050 TI graphics cards to try and help with the shortage.

As to why they would choose the GTX 1650: it is primarily because it does not cost much to produce, and it is a good graphics card for a good price, so it will make consumers happy.

Nvidia is in a very tough spot right now and doesn’t actually want to start producing these older graphics cards, but this solution is much better for the consumer and for Nvidia.

If you really want to buy an RTX 3000 series graphics card, you can find them from places like eBay or third-party websites, but I wouldn’t recommend it. The RTX 3070 was originally supposed to sell for $500, but on eBay, they are selling for $1200 to $1500, which is basically triple the price. “This sounds like a scam,” says Colin Hill, a junior at Lakewood High School.