Softball Senior Night

Grace Hoppel Photography

On Friday, April 29 the girls softball team had their senior night. There are four seniors who have played softball every year of high school. These seniors include Alesha Hanna-Kotula, Mia Condosta, Addy Miller, and Inga Wilhelmy. Alesha plays shortstop. Second baseman is Mia. Inga Wilhelmy plays outfield and occasionally pitches. Addy plays first base and right field.  Unfortunately, these seniors had to miss their whole sophomore year due to covid. They have had to work twice as hard since they missed out on a whole year of playing. Two years in a row of just practice and no games. 

The Rangers are in the winning section with a 5-2 record. Unfortunately many of the rangers games have been canceled this year due to bad weather. But the sun was shining on senior night and the rangers were able to get a huge win with a score of 14-4 against Lutheran East. Each senior was announced to the middle of the field with their parents. Every senior had on a senior sash and was given flowers by the underclassman of their choice. As they were walking out, their coach read off some of the players favorite memories. It was a very heartwarming ceremony and the seniors last ever home game was a success. 

Senior Inga Wilhelmy pitched for the night and did an outstanding job. Every senior put 100% into this game playing it just as it was their time all together. The underclassman decorated the dugout and new locker room for the seniors. They gifted the seniors with crowns and made posters and put balloons everywhere. They really sent the seniors out on a good note. Good luck to all of the seniors in college and whichever step they take next in life. Best of  luck to the softball team in the playoffs!